With the continuing situation of the Coronavirus and the ongoing flu season, here are a few reminders of preventive actions to help keep our staff and students healthy.
Stay home when sick.
1. Students and staff who have symptoms of acute respiratory illness are asked to
stay home and not come to work until they are free of fever (100.4° F [37.8°C] or greater using an oral thermometer), signs of a fever, and any other symptoms for at least 24 hours, without the use of fever-reducing or other symptom-altering medicines (e.g. cough suppressants).
2. Seek immediate medical care if symptoms become severe, such as high fever or
Encourage students and staff to use "respiratory etiquette"
1. Cover cough with a tissue or sleeve. See CDC's Cover Your Cough page.
2. Provide adequate supplies within easy reach, including tissues and no-touch trash
3. Routinely clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects.
4. Separate sick students and staff from others until they can go home.
5. Encourage flu vaccine for those who have not had it this season to reduce
illnesses and absences on campus (however, this will not prevent coronavirus
6. Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol
based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
7. Avoid touching face with unwashed hands.
8. Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
For additional information, please contact ADPH at (334) 206-5971 or visit the ADPH website at http://alabamapublichealth.gov/infectiousdiseases/2019-coronavirus